I had a good run today. I felt strong most of the way, though I did have some nagging left achilles/calf pain during miles 7-10. Let's hope that rectifies itself since I have 18, that's eighteen, miles to run next weekend. I am learning that no matter how long the run the hardest mile is the second to last one. So for today's 12 miler the 11th mile was a little desperate. I wanted to walk. I wanted to get myself out of it, the run. By the time I got to the last mile marker with 1 mile left to go I felt fine again, even great. Due to the Clean Food Challenge I chose not to run with my usual Accelerade in my Camelbak. I took water instead. I also brought 1/2 a Lara Bar for mid-run fuel. I did bring a GU just in case, but I didn't have to use it. So I was able to stick to the CFC rules. That made me happy. I also saw a herd of Pronghorn Antelope which was beautiful. It was a lovely morning run, started at 34 degrees and ended at around 45 degrees. My time was 2:14 which is an 11:09 pace.
Breakfast: 2 bananas, 1 slathered with peanut butter
Post run: 20 oz new green drink, 1/2 a Emilie's black bean burger
Snack: apple
Lunch: black bean burger atop butter lettuce and avocado with olive oil and apple cider vinegar
Dinner: black bean burger(oh yeah!), brown jasmine rice, peas with olive oil
Dessert: a few almonds and a dried mango slice
Here we are on Day 6 and I'm going to bore you by saying that I still feel great. This has been an awesome cleanse and one I would not have thought of on my own. I'm an extreme kind of girl. I usually go for the 100% raw food, colon cleanse, hydro colonic, 10 laxatives(j/k), 10 day lemon/maple syrup diet, etc. The problem is it was torture during all of them, they were not realistic and I did not finish them feeling very positive. I finished them(maybe) feeling ravenous, deprived and hot for some Mexican food. I like this clean food eating. And although I look forward to a few food items next week(pancakes on Monday morning), I think I could adopt almost all of these eating habits easily. One day left to go and I am feeling overwhelmingly positive and energetic. And it's December! Once again, beautiful timing on this, Emilie.
I made dinner a little early tonight so we could pack up the family and head down to the 56th annual courthouse lighting. It was the first time Luke or I had been. Traditionally when something like this is going on downtown you try with all your power to avoid the "square", the traffic, and the parking fiasco it entails. But now we have kids(!) and we knew Johanna would love it, and she did. Oh the lights! Here is a picture of our lovely courthouse before the lights. Sadly the camera wouldn't cooperate later on. Believe me, Johanna was in her small attention span heaven. It was grand.
167.5
1 comment:
12 miles with no gu and no gatorade? that's tough. (though I started using lara bars as mid-run fuel this year). you are GLOWING in that photo at the end. beautiful!
Post a Comment