Today was not a good day. It was the hardest day, by far, doing this cleanse. All day it seemed like food was talking to me, telling me to eat it. From the buttered toast for Johanna's breakfast to the giant pretzel at Target to the home made mac and cheese for her dinner. It was terrible. So I ate a lot, I think. Plus, both kids were total nightmares today. Johanna whining and defiant and Emmy just inconsolable. It was a trying day. When Luke got home from work tonight I happily watched, from the reclined position on the couch, as he entertained the kiddos for a spell.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with avocado, red pepper flakes and cilantro, green tea, herbal tea
Snack: apple, Lara bar
Lunch: romaine salad with avocados, carrots, walnuts, spinach and olive oil/apple cider vinegar dressing
Snack: 2 oranges, soft-boiled egg, banana, almonds, raisins
Dinner: roasted chicken, baked potato with olive oil, and salad
Dessert: 3 coconut/date bars (SO GOOD!)
Tomorrow morning I will be starting my day with pancakes and coffee:) Seriously, I'm not sure why it was such a hard day with the food cravings. Maybe because the kids had me up for the day at 5:30am. Maybe because they were draining me mentally and emotionally. Maybe because I'm PMSing. I don't know. Looking forward I would like to adopt some of these eating habits like using olive oil in place of butter. That was a welcomed change all week that I originally thought never would suffice. Cut down on the pasta and potatoes on non workout days. Replace almonds for any salty craving I get(my weakness). Drink lots of water all the time. Coconut date bars satisfy the sweet tooth, people! If they sound gross you must try them because dates are better than they sound. Lots of good take-aways from the cleanse.
Tomorrow is party time!!! Just kidding. I have 4 miles to run in the morning and then a day with the family.
168
3 comments:
Yesterday was a hard day just like the 2nd to last mile is the hardest ... You did an amazing job on that CFC and I was reminded of some good eating habits! Want to do a daily water challenge?
:) Thanks Lexi. And yes, let's do a DWC. I think a gallon was too much. Lloyd found a formula which is "an endurance athlete should be drinking .5 to .6 ounces times their bodyweight in water daily, e.g., 170 pound person should drink 85 to 102 ounces of water a day". So maybe a little less than that?
Here's the article: http://www.hammernutrition.com/hnt/1273/
I love the new picture! I'm in for the DWC.
Mom
Post a Comment