Look at that perfect pancake. How could I refuse? Luke cooked his special pancakes this morning and the smells wafted through the house. It was absolutely torturous. But I'm happy to report I persevered.
Breakfast: green tea, 12 oz new green drink
Snack: apple
Lunch: potato, leek/veggie soup
Snack: almonds, banana, dried mango
Dinner: Thai Vegetable Curry with Lemongrass Rice - YUM!
Dessert: 1/2 Cherry Pie Lara Bar, 1/2 banana
Dinner felt like I cheated. It was so creamy and fresh and tasty. Using coconut milk was the key. I have been missing dairy a little bit and this completely satisfied my craving. I couldn't believe all the ingredients were within the cleanse rules, but here's the list. The only thing I cut out that it called for was a teaspoon of sugar.
olive oil
coconut milk
vegetable stock
potatoes
broccoli
baby corn (I substituted green beans)
red bell pepper
spinach
cilantro
green chiles
lemongrass stalk
shallots
garlic
grated rind of lime
coriander
cumin
cardamom pods
brown jasmine rice
After that feast we listened to Christmas music and I started decorating the tree. It is a humble tree this year, but we will love it just the same. Johanna is thrilled to have it in our living room. She kept asking to "hold it" all day before she actually saw it. Now she says she "can't hold it, it's too big".
I ran 5 miles today on a trail I hadn't done in almost 2 years. It is very hilly and had me walking up a few of the steeper ones. It was a good run though, especially since I was able to bring my doggie along. He surely did at least 8 miles, literally running circles around me.
And this just in.... My dog just started barking in the house at something outside so I looked out the window. Our not-so-little friends are back, like 8 of them.
| This one is trying to eat a tennis ball |
I feel great!
167
4 comments:
i really love the music selection tonight -- i now officially have the christmas spirit:) and i can't wait to make that amazing curry! YUM!
that curry looks amazing... coconut milk is going on today's list!
I'm glad you got the sweat thing too.. slippery... yes!
good work, brooke. i see your 167. ;)
I'm jealous of your dinner! I must try it myself.
Have I mentioned recently how much I love your blog :)
Merry Christmas!
Mom
Post a Comment