Thursday, December 23, 2010

Food, family, fun

We have had a fun couple of days. Yesterday I ran 6 miles with no pain during or after the run - yay!!! Tomorrow I will do 4 miles and Sunday I will do 10-12 miles. This week I hope to do 25 miles total. It's not the 40 miles that the training schedule calls for, but it's not sitting on the couch either. I'm hoping it will keep me in the game.

We have all caught a minor cold and we're sniffling and sneezing in unison. Johanna, then Emmy, then me, then Gigi and maybe Luke. FUN! But it hasn't stopped us from cooking and having guests for dinner (yes, we warned them).


This is a delicious butternut squash, sweet potato, and corn soup Gigi made.  And some beautiful bread to go with...


Last night we had some friends over for dinner.  I made that curry we love, again!  It was also a celebration for our friend's birthday which was on the solstice.




Johanna and the snowmen. 





We have had rain for two days and then last night it turned to a heavy, wet snow.  It's lovely.  We have a lot planned for today, but we are hoping to make a snowman at some point.





Happy Birthday to my wonderful, beautiful mother.  Here she is with Emmy a day after her birth.  I am so lucky to have had this woman as my model and example.  I love you mom!



Tonight we are headed to Polar Express on the Grand Canyon Railway!

167

No comments: