Tomorrow I will attempt to run 18 miles. I have done what I can for my Achilles and it is not in pain at rest. Hopefully it has had enough time to repair. Another bummer is that I am having some troubling inner and outer shin pain on my right leg now. I have decided to run about 5 miles tomorrow and then reassess before continuing.
In the meantime, and in order to stay positive, I want to revisit my goals.
-There are 5 weeks left until race day, my FIRST MARATHON. The race of choice is the PF Changs Rock n' Roll in Phoenix, AZ.
-I reached my Thanksgiving Day goal weight of 170.
-I have a Christmas Day goal weight of 162 and a race day goal weight of 155. Even with my recent weight stagnation (there's a homemade pumpkin pie in the fridge that's been decreasing in size all week), I have come a long way since I first posted my number of 195. That's 27 lbs. lost as of today. That's one Johanna.
-I've gone from not being able to run a half mile to running up to 16 miles.
-I've actually stuck to one of my big ideas for longer than a week! Those who know me realize how monumental this is. See The Plan.
So although I am thoroughly frustrated with my injury right now, goals are being achieved. Let's hope for the best tomorrow morning, after mile 2 of course.
And I had to add this last photo. This is what happens to Johanna around 5:30pm with no nap. I missed the real shot. She had fallen asleep in her chair, with her fork in her hand and her sippy cup resting on her lap. While I searched for the camera she slumped (fell) to the floor with a few whimpers.
168
1 comment:
go brookie!!
Post a Comment