I ran 3 miles today. I know I broke my own rules, but it was getting unbearable and my Achilles was feeling great. I got my new shoes in, the Asics Gel Foundation 9. It was a very comfy shoe when I first put it on. During the run my feet went a little numb so I may have tied the shoes too tight. I felt 3 twinges in my left Achilles in the first 50 steps or so, but after that I felt nothing. I was being ginger and tried not to run any differently than I normally would. I did feel some strange heel pain in my right foot. I ran about 30 seconds per mile faster than normal without trying and it was a good run overall. I iced immediately upon my return. This is all so interesting isn't it?
The marathon is in 27 days.
I am hardly sticking with my goals to lose weight. Buckwheat pancakes for breakfast, about 8 ginger cookies mid-day, and my mother-in-law's amazing latkes with sour cream for dinner. Sooooooooooooo good.
167
No comments:
Post a Comment